Position Title: Assistant Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Summary: Provide exceptional Guest experiences every visit through direction and leadership of the Front of the House. Partner with management team to ensure high standards of Guest service and profitability while strictly adhering to the policies and procedures of Craftworks Restaurants & Breweries Group, Inc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execution of daily restaurant operations including supervision of the hourly Team Members.
- Assist General Manager with execution of marketing initiatives.
- Support all FOH operations including systems adherence, health inspections, order guides, sales services, quality control of beer, and food order safety and sanitation.
- Oversee presentation of food to ensure food is prepared and presented to CraftWorks specifications.
- Monitor compliance with health and safety regulations regarding food preparation and serving.
- Properly maintain building, equipment and supply levels through contacting the correct companies/contractors for any daily restaurant repair or maintenance issues, and utilizing basic maintenance skills.
- Promptly and professionally handle Guest complaints/comments to ensure timely Guest recovery.
- Ensure a safe working and Guest environment to reduce the risk of injury and accidents; completes accident reports follows procedure promptly in the event that a Guest or Team Member is injured.
- Communicate all team member issues/complaints to management team in a professional manner through manager meetings and/or proper utilization of the digital manager log.
- Sign off FOH Team Members at the end of their shifts.
- Follow and understand company procedures at all times including crisis situations (e.g., Workers' Compensation and General Liability Claims).
- Ongoing completion of Manager in Training projects as assigned.
- Assisting the General Manager in ensuring the success of all programs and systems such as the MIT program, hourly training, certified trainer, RISE.
- Assist Management Team in writing hourly Team Member schedules based on the budget.
- Support General Manager in ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting), HR, and Payroll administrative duties are completed accurately, on time, and in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Strictly follow company cash handling procedures and ensure the proper security procedures are in place.
- Communicate with General Manager to ensure proper monitoring weekly expenditures, invoice entry and coding, determine accurate sales projections, manage food, labor, and supply costs while meeting or exceeding budget.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Manager, General Manager, or Operations Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Guest Service - knowledge of principles and processes for providing Guest services. This includes active listening, Guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of Guest satisfaction.
- Effective communication skills.
- Aptitude for driving sales through cultivation of new Guests and retention of current Guests.
- Menu, Food and Beverage Preparation Knowledge - in order to properly prepare food and beverages.
- Coaching & Performance Management - ability to motivate, develop, direct Team Members as they work.
- Ability to analyze information and adhere to a financial budget/P&L through utilizing math skills and reading comprehension.
- Ability to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment (e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side work, etc.).
- Memorization - ability to memorize floor plans and pivot points.
- Working knowledge of all restaurant equipment, and local and national health codes.
- Time Management- ability to manage individual's time and the time of others.
- Able to utilize programs such as Ctuit, Aloha POS, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 1 year working in restaurant environment required.
- Restaurant Management experience preferred.
- 2 year Hospitality degree preferred.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Meets or exceeds budgeted financial performance.
- Upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with self, Guests, and Team Members.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedure set forth in Handbook including Appearance Standards.
- Maintain satisfactory OSAT scores for restaurant.
- Maintain acceptable Brand Standard Audit Scores.
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- 100% Walk and stand
- 90% Communicate with Guests and Team Members
- 50% Operate cash register, Point of Sale system, and cash handling
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe and lift up to 50 pounds.
- 50+ hours per week, typically 2 days are scheduled off but rarely consecutive.
- Successful completion of alcohol and food certification (ServSafe) and/or other required classes by state within 60 days of employment.
- Successful completion of the CraftWorks Manager in Training program often at store or nearby location.