Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Bartender
Summary: To mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to Guests of bar and service Team Members following standard recipes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Check Guests’ identification and serve alcoholic drinks adhering to state and local regulations.
- Mix ingredients to prepare drinks, serve draft beer, bottled beer, wine and liquor according to procedure/ recipe and restaurant specifications.
- Perform correct money transactions and make correct change utilizing Point-of-Sale system.
- Communicate with Guests and team members to promote specials and suggestions.
- Reconcile daily bar inventories with bar cash-received totals.
- Maintain neat, clean and organized bar area according to restaurant specifications; lift and empty bus tubs, prep and stock bar (e.g., juices, fruit, etc.), clean glassware, morning and after hours cleaning, mopping, and removal of bar floor mats.
- Other side duties assigned by management (e.g., take out linen, restock, check restrooms, refill ice, assist other FOH and BOH Team Members, etc.)
Education & Experience:
- No prior education required.
- Bartending experience preferred.
- Must be 21 years old to pour alcohol or as state regulations dictate.
- Reports to the Manager on duty.
- Should have an aptitude for driving sales through cultivation of new guests and retention of current guests.
- Meets all company service standards
- Upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with self, guests, and team
- Completes all ongoing certifications/validations (LTO, new menu, etc.)
- Maintains a clean bar area
- Can intelligently talk about beer, wine, & spirits
- Engages in conversation with bar guests
- Works swiftly to complete all service well tickets within company timeframes
- Adheres to CraftWorks’ Appearance Standards.
- 100% Walk and stand
- 75% Reach, bend, stoop, lift and wipe.
- 50% Operate Point-of-Sale system and make correct change.
- 10% Carry service tray weighing up to 40 pounds from kitchen or bar to dining room or drinking area up to and often exceeding 5 times per shift.
- 10% Lift and move 40-pound cases about 10 times per shift and carry 50 yards.
- 10% Teams lift and move kegs up to 100-pounds.
- Navigating steps when applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training (safety, systems, menu) and passing alcohol certification (ServSafe) within 60 days of employment.