Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Cook
Summary: Prepares food to order specification and according to recipe, procedures, quality, and speed level requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare food items according to our standards of quality, consistency and time lines.
- Ensure compliance with all health codes and requirements.
- Maintain stocking (re-stocking) and organization of work area daily.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
- Use knives correctly while chopping, cutting, dicing, etc.
- Complete prep tasks as needed in accordance with recipe, procedure, quality and speed standards.
- Contribute to positive food costs by utilizing established best practices.
- Respond to additional guest requests by preparing orders to their specifications.
- Maintain food storage, receiving, stocking and rotation.
- Work closely and communicate with both BOH and FOH team members during high pace.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- No prior education or experience required.
- Experience and knowledge of kitchen equipment including but not limited to knives, slicer, mixer, salamander, stoves, ovens, Hobart, broiler and pizza oven desired.
- Must be 18 years of age to operated mandated equipment.
- Meets all company standards in regards to food quality and food safety.
- Demonstrates teamwork with coworkers.
- Maintains an upbeat, guest-first, positive attitude.
- Maintains a clean and organized work station.
- Adhere to the CraftWorks’ Appearance Standards.
- 100% Walk and stand.
- 75% Work at approx. 36” table/stove and reach in approx. 36”
- 75% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe, and lift up to 50 pounds.
- 75% Perform job at a continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
- 50% View and read orders from an elevated video monitor.
- Navigating steps if applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training materials on safety and systems.