Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Dishwasher
Summary: To maintain dish area, equipment, and chemicals. Maintain clean and sanitized kitchen utensils and service ware to positively impact speedy and efficient service to our guest.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wash pots, pans, and other cooking equipment by hand while following Roper Ware washing techniques.
- Scrape food from dirty dishes and place them in dish racks. Wash all utensils, glassware and dishware, and store correctly.
- Sort and remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Sort and stock clean glassware, utensils, and dishware.
- Ensure the work area and equipment stay clean throughout shift.
- Change dish machine chemicals, water, and three compartment sink, as needed.
- Inspect and verify machine is working properly and chemical levels are correct throughout the work day.
- Wash/mop variety of work areas (e.g., tables, walls, refrigerators, floor, etc.) throughout a shift.
- Work closely and communicate with BOH and FOH Team Members, in a high pace environment, while doing a variety of “time restraint” tasks.
- Operate the cleaning caddy every shift.
- Cleaner/Janitor functions including full cleaning of BOH, FOH, Bar, and Restroom areas prior to or after hours of operations.
- May be cross trained into other BOH positions.
- Other functions as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- No prior education or experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Reports to the Manager on duty.
- 100% Stand
- 75% Bend, stoop, lift, and reach.
- 75% Lift and carry racks of up to 45 pounds, up to 80 times per shift; reach and place these on high shelves.
- 75% Use chemicals and cleaning materials according to safety regulations.
- 20% Able to perform other related tasks designated by management.
- Navigating steps if applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training (safety, systems, menu).