Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Host
Summary: Welcome and accommodate the needs of guests by seating them eat them at tables or in waiting area, and help ensure quality of facilities and service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet Guests and seat them at tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so servers receive an appropriate number of tables.
- Record “to-go” orders, enter them in the Point-of-Sale system and perform correct money transactions including activating and selling gift cards.
- Answer phone calls and respond to inquiries or transfer calls and effectively use paging system.
- Be proactive in scheduling and preparing for large parties.
- Run a wait list, receive and record guest dining reservations via paper and pen or applicable electronic applications.
- Maintain contact with kitchen team members, management, serving team members, and guests to ensure that dining details are handled properly and that guests’ concerns are addressed.
- Inspect dining and serving areas to ensure cleanliness and proper setup.
- Act as a resource for Guests regarding the promotions, menu, hours of operation, etc.
- Other functions assigned by management (e.g., sweep, clean doors and windows, restock, check restrooms, bus tables, refill ice or wash glassware).
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience:
- No prior education or experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older to serve alcohol or as state regulations dictate. `
- Reports to the Manager on duty.
- Display a high standard of friendliness, patience, enthusiasm, energy and professionalism.
- Maintain an upbeat, guest-first, positive attitude.
- Adhere to the CraftWorks’ Appearance Standards.
- 100% Walk and stand.
- 50% Operate cash register and POS system and make correct change.
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe, and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Navigating steps if applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training programs (i.e. safety, systems, menu) and passing alcohol certification (ServSafe) within 60 days of employment.