Position Title: Kitchen Manager
Reports to: General Manager
Summary: Provide exceptional guest experiences every visit through direction and leadership for all Team Members in the kitchen to ensure great quality food served in a timely manner prepared in a clean and sanitized kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure food items are prepared according to company standards of quality, consistency and time lines and Guest specifications.
- Interview, hire, train, evaluate, and coach kitchen Team Members in food production, principles, and practices as appropriate.
- Partner with Culinary department to successfully roll out menu changes.
- Daily food audits through checking flavor, appearance, consistency, and temperature.
- Schedule kitchen Team Members in conjunction with business forecasts and predetermined budget on a weekly basis, and establish and delegate work duties in each kitchen area daily.
- Control food cost by establishing purchasing specifications, weekly inventory through CTuit, Inventory Control Systems, product storage requirements, standardization recipes and waste control procedures.
- Meet all health department standards for safe food handling, and prepare food according to procedures and standards within time guidelines and Guest specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring all equipment is operated safely by all Team Members and that OSHA regulations are followed.
- Sign off BOH Team Members at the end of their shifts.
- Attend and participate in weekly manager meetings and communicate team member issues/complaints to management team in manager meetings and/or by utilizing the digital manager log.
- Other duties as assigned by Regional Management, General Manager or Operations Leadership.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Guest Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing Guest services. This includes active listening, Guest needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of Guest satisfaction.
- Effective communication skills.
- Menu and Food Preparation Knowledge - in order to consistently prepare food properly.
- Coaching & Performance Management - ability to motivate, develop, direct Team Members as they work.
- Ability to analyze information and adhere to a financial budget/P&L through utilizing math skills and reading comprehension.
- Able to make appropriate decisions in a fast paced environment (e.g., assign breaks, cut staff appropriately, side work, etc.).
- Memorization - ability to memorize floor plans and pivot points.
- Working knowledge of all restaurant equipment, and local and national health codes.
- Time Management - ability to manage individual's time and the time of others.
- Ability to utilize programs such as Ctuit, Aloha POS, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years restaurant experience required.
- Minimum of 1 year restaurant management experience preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Meets all company service standards.
- Ensures all BOH team members:
- Consistently use safe food handling practices consistently.
- Prepare recipes according to CW specifications.
- Read and accurately follow instructions.
- Prepare items in a prescribed amount of time.
- Adhere to cleanliness and sanitation guidelines.
- Understand temperature danger zones and food storage hierarchy (Serve Safe or other).
- Adheres to policies and procedures set forth in Handbook including Appearance Standards.
- Upbeat and professional image, maintains positive attitude with self, Guests, and Team Members.
- Completes all ongoing certifications/validations (LTO, new menu, etc.).
- Maintain prompt and regular attendance.
- Able to address & coach team members falling short of any of the above.
- 100 % Stand or walk.
- 80% Communicate with other line position.
- 75% Work at Approx. 36" table/stove and reach in approx. 36".
- 75% Reach (6" to overhead), bend, stoop, and wipe.
- 60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, while maintaining quality & speed standards.
- 50% Lift and carry sacks, boxes, product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approx. 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training (safety, systems, and menu) and passing alcohol and food certification (ServSafe) and/or other required class by state within 60 days of employment.
- Successful completion of the CraftWorks Manager in Training program often at store or nearby location.