Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Prep Cook
Summary: To prepare and maintain assigned par levels of food items. To clean kitchen, work areas and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow recipes and procedures to prepare assigned sauces and food items according to prep lists and par guidelines
- Comply with all health code requirements.
- Use knives correctly to include use of a cut glove to chip, cut, dice, etc.
- Clean shelves, organize and remove trash.
- Ensure the work area stays clean throughout the work day.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations
- Contribute to a positive guest experience by doing everything to exceed their expectations.
- Store, receive, stock and rotate food throughout the work day per company standards as needed.
- Work closely and communicate with BOH and FOH team members, in a high-paced environment while doing a variety of time restraint tasks.
- Assist other cooks during high volume when needed.
- Other functions as assigned by management.
Education & Experience:
- No prior education required.
- Previous prep experience preferred.
- Knowledge of different kinds of knives preferred (i.e. French, serrated, etc.)
- Must be 16 years old to be hired, 18 years old to operate mandated equipment and meet any other state qualifications.
- Reports to the Manager on duty.
- 100% Walk and stand
- 75% Work at approximately 36” table/stove and reach in approximately 36”.
- 75% Reach (6” to overhead) bend, stoop, and wipe.
- 60% Perform job at continuous high pace, under pressure, also maintain quality and speed standards.
- 50% Lift and carry sacks, boxes, and product up to 50 pounds from floor to above waist level, approximately 20 feet and sometimes involving stairs.
- Navigating steps if applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training (safety, systems, etc.)