Hourly Non-Exempt Position
Position Title: Server
Summary: Takes orders and serves food and drinks to Guests in bar area and/or dining area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve multiple tables of Guests simultaneously as determined by management
- Record Guest orders and enter them in the Point-of-Sale system in a timely manner.
- Refill drinks and deliver food as soon as necessary or available via tray service.
- Perform money transactions, return accurate change, and close checks in Point-of-Sale system.
- Provide great Guest experience through menu presentation and suggestive selling.
- Check Guests’ identification and serve alcoholic drinks adhering to state and local regulations.
- Work in team environment and communicate with Team Members and Guests.
- Perform opening and closing side duties as assigned (e.g., ice buckets, roll silverware, set up soda machines, etc.)
- Other functions assigned by management (e.g., prep desserts and salads, restock, check restrooms, empty bus tubs, refill ice, assist other FOH & BOH Team Members, etc.).
Education & Experience:
- No prior education or experience required.
- Must be 18 years of age to serve alcohol or as state regulations dictate.
- Meets all company service standards
- Demonstrates salesmanship with guests
- Maintains an upbeat, guest-first, positive attitude.
- Strives to provide a professional image and demeanor
- Team work (running food, bussing tables, refilling drinks, etc.)
- Completes all ongoing certifications/validations (LTO, new menu, etc.)
- Maintains a clean section
- Adhere to the CraftWorks’ Appearance Standards.
- 100% Walk and stand.
- 50% Carry service tray weighing up to 40 lbs from kitchen to bar or dining area.
- 50% Operate Point-of-Sale system and make correct change.
- 25% Reach, bend, stoop, wipe, and lift up to 30 pounds.
- Navigating steps if applicable to the location.
- Successful completion of hourly position validations, including company-required training (safety, systems, menu) and passing alcohol certification (ServSafe) within 60 days of employment.